Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a call just after 3 this afternoon. Oldest boy told me he just high-sided and he needed me to come get him. He was close by just where you enter the 105 entrance coming off Lakewood Blvd heading toward the 605. I showed up same time as the paramedics. He was in some serious pain but we got his bike towed home with AAA then i took him to the hospital. Seems he has some cracked ribs and a couple of fractured vertebrae. When he got thrown off the bike he was launched into a pole that he hit back first. I just got home at 10pm and his mom was headed back to be with him. He has some really expensive jackets with back protection but wasn't wearing a jacket since he was just headed to school close by...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Big wishes for a speedy recovery.
Reminds me of the very old joke by a comedian I can't remember who, maybe Rodney Dangerfield. He said "statistics show that 90% of car accidents happen within 5 miles of your home" He says: "So, I moved." I too am a ATGATT guy but must admit I sometimes go in just a DuoDry shirt when it is very hot outside. Get well soon young man!!!

Reactions: weljo2001

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Wow glad his injuries were not more serious. Praying for a full recovery.

Those ribs are gonna hurt for a while. My last dirt bike riding days a few years ago resulted in a couple of cracked/broken ribs. Not fun.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys, They moved him to another hospital last night so we were there till 3am until they took him in for a MRI he had a CAT scan at the first place. Getting ready to head back to see him in a minute. Will know more later today.

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
...He was in some serious pain but we got his bike towed home with AAA then i took him to the hospital. Seems he has some cracked ribs and a couple of fractured vertebrae....
That's why it's ATGATT - ALL THE TIME. I'm sure that I've high-sided more than once, but one really sticks out in my memory - I was ice-racing on my Yamaha TT500, going down the back straight when I "pooched", got thrown off and landed on my back IN FRONT of the bike.

So I'm skidding down the track on my back (say 50 mph...) watching a cloud of ice-particles following me w/ an orange colored bike bouncing airborne thru it, and hoping that I would slide FARTHER down the track then my TT500 would....:eek:

BTW Joe - I'll say a prayer for him.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wishing speedy recovery for your son and, much needed rest for the entire family.
One of those calls you never want to receive. Thankfully, he was able to reach you personally on the phone.
Hang in there pop's.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks again guys,

I'll be home resting up some today. Just dropped his mom off at the hospital so she could baby him some. He's feeling better, they have him on some good pain meds and he was walking some yesterday

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Walking yesterday? Then that's got to definitely be a good sign!!!
Well they had a harness wrapped around him and someone had to hold onto it to help him. He called about an hour ago and he might be getting discharged in about an hour from now. So we are heading over to the hospital in about 10 minutes...

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got home. He was discharged today about 1:30pm. We got him squared away at his house and we dropped off his prescription and will pick it up to take to him in about 30 minutes. His spirits are way up since he has been able to get around some...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts