Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2018 Versys 1000. I'm coming from a long history of riding ninjas and this is my first sport touring bike. I picked it up last Saturday and have been loving the comfort. I'm still getting used to the bulkiness of the ride compared to my zx-10R, but so far it's been great. I'm looking forward to many miles on this bike and am glad to join your community.

ostey

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: Good to see another Versys 1000 in Sunny California...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2018 Versys 1000. I'm coming from a long history of riding ninjas and this is my first sport touring bike. I picked it up last Saturday and have been loving the comfort. I'm still getting used to the bulkiness of the ride compared to my zx-10R, but so far it's been great. I'm looking forward to many miles on this bike and am glad to join your community.

ostey
Good O'l Carlsbad. Used to fly a Falcon 2000 out of CRQ airport and surfed from Trestles to Swami's. Loved living down in O'side from 03 to 09.

Great riding down there too. Was just into dirt bikes back then. Rode the track at Elsinore in the summer and Ocotillo in the winter.

Got back into street bikes when we moved to Santa Barbara in 09 and would come down to ride with friends in North County. My favorite ride was out to Palomar Mountain up to the top and down the east flank. Then wind our way out to Borrego for lunch and return on the 78 thru Julian for their world famous pie. Those were fun times.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My favorite ride was out to Palomar Mountain up to the top and down the east flank. Then wind our way out to Borrego for lunch and return on the 78 thru Julian for their world famous pie.
I absolutely agree with you on this ride. It's a fantastic run. I haven't done it in years, but should get back out there on the new Versys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts