Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie on this forum. However, I've been riding since 43 years, the last 21 ones on two Kawasaki ZX-11. My current ZX-11 has been modified (screen, seat, bar risers, lowered pegs, etc.) for better comfort but I now want to treat well the new passenger in my life. I want her to be comfortable enough for her to beg for rides ().

Versys 1000 is a serious contender on my short list. Others being Concours, FJR1300 and R1200RT. I think to discard the Concours (weight) and BMW (cost, reliability) out of the list. Versys is attractive for its lower cost and weight. I can handle big bikes; i just prefer lighter ones (this is from a guy who rides ZX-11...). FJR1300 is very attractive to me as well.

Will probably have some questions before finalizing my choice though...

Oh and I've been surfing over forums since 1996.

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
:welcome: ......

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi Claude. :welcome: 43 years? Plenty of your peers around here.

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
:welcome: the Versys will suit you best if you are looking for reliability and its comfortable for 2 up.

good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome: the Versys will suit you best if you are looking for reliability and its comfortable for 2 up.
How comfortable is it for a passenger? I want my significant other to be well treated and I'm currently hesitating between Versys 1000 and FJR1300.
Opinions please?
Thanks!

·
Registered
327 Posts
:welcome: I love my Concours -- not sure that the weight is much different from the FJR, and the Connie has a slightly larger payload capacity (and can generally be found for much better prices, if that matters). I also love my Versys 650, but am in the process of selling that because of the Connie purchase.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally owner of a black 2017 V1000 demo with 2658 km (1650 miles).
Very good deal and as a bonus, comes with Givi topcase, Oxford heated grips and a 12V outlet.
Very satisfied!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts