Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The scary thing is, feel old as watched most of these before they were re runs.

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts
You need to go back even further to Sanford & Son,All In The Family!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I was around when The Flintstones were in prime time... Same for The Jetsons.
77 Sunset Strip... Route 66... Paladin... Johnny Yuma... Combat... Hawaii Five O... Beverly Hillbillies... Twilight Zone... Sky King... The Rifleman... Car 54...
He'll... The 80's for me was day before yesterday.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I was around when The Flintstones were in prime time... Same for The Jetsons.
77 Sunset Strip... Route 66... Paladin... Johnny Yuma... Combat... Hawaii Five O... Beverly Hillbillies... Twilight Zone... Sky King... The Rifleman... Car 54...
He'll... The 80's for me was day before yesterday.
First movie I ever went to. A man called Flintstone (1966) .I can remember when dad wheeled a brand new 19 inch black and white tv into the house.(no remote control)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
When I was a kid the evening favorites in my house were Carol Burnett, Columbo, Barney Miller or Police Story. If it wasn't a school night I got to watch Johnny Carson.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dont know what year these were from but I tried never to missed them :
SWAT,
CHIPS
6-million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman
Space 1999
Logan's Run
Sapphire & Steel

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Mork and Mindy

At that time I could barely understand anything, too fast, too slang for my little knowledge of the language

But ...

William was running all over the place, doing voices and gesture that I found to be very funny and the Dawber could not keep her serious state because William was always improvising and cutting in the script

Hilarious

Also, WKRP, it was a funny and interesting perspective in the radio business, altough they were a bunch of misfits, except Jenifer, of course ;-)

LOP

·
Banned
895 Posts
We didn't get all those programmes in the UK, but probably half of them I can admit to watching....especially the Bionic Woman!!!!!

Here's an original kid's programme from right back in the 50's that I used to love when l was 5-8yrs old.....Bill & Ben...The Flowerpot Men!!

& a motorcycle advisory film made by the Rank Organisation in the 60's

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I just started school on 1973 aged 5 we only had one TV station called tv1 remember Dad getting our first tv a black/white one, tv 2 only started in 1975 but the signal was weak where we lived and my all time favourite show thunderbirds would come in and out of reception. We did not get our first colour TV until around 1977.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
By 2014 New Zealand will turn off the old analogue television broadcasting so all digital from here in, a lot of old aerials already sold for scrap.

·
Banned
895 Posts
By 2014 New Zealand will turn off the old analogue television broadcasting so all digital from here in, a lot of old aerials already sold for scrap.
They're telling you bull**** mate, USA is digital, but we still use an aerial/antenna to pick up the "free" stations! (the TV is digital tho')

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
They're telling you bull**** mate, USA is digital, but we still use an aerial/antenna to pick up the "free" stations! (the TV is digital tho')
Should qualify that, the south island where I live is already gone digital which means the old vhf aerials are useless so with out some sort of set top box you will not get a signal, if you do not want to pay for tv you can have a freeview unit which allows a dozen or so digital channels. Older tvs will not work as well.

I have a sat dish but in my area you can get high def tv with a uhf aerial.
http://goingdigital.co.nz/?gclid=CJeauc6YvboCFc1XpQodqjMAiQ

1 - 20 of 26 Posts