Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud new papa of a 2014 Versys ABS. Love this bike. The funny thing is I went in to buy a 2014 Ninja 650 and came out with this. I had a 2008 650 and loved it so I was going to go with another, especially after the 2012 redesign.

But then I saw the Versys, sitting off by itself in the back of the shop. Sat on her and it just clicked with me. We have all had those moments where you sit on a bike and fall in love with it instantly. Took her out for a test ride and 30 minutes later I was loading her into the truck.

Went for an hour ride or so today and was just smiling the whole time. So damn comfortable to ride and it seems like it has quite a bit more torque low-end than the Ninja did but that may just be me. The seat is decent enough but I may look into some alternatives.

Anyways, that's the story. Glad to be here.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome
That is a fairly common scenario where people have gone in looking for a different bike and spotting the Versys or having the salesperson suggest giving it a try.
The Versys fit me right away after sitting on it too. I bought it subject to a test ride but I knew it would only be a formality.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:welcome: from down south in San Antonio. Great bike & great forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome

You will find this a very friendly and helpful forum. Where in Ok are you located? I live in Elgin - a little NE of Lawton.

Again welcome and enjoy your new versys.

Keith

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

You will find this a very friendly and helpful forum. Where in Ok are you located? I live in Elgin - a little NE of Lawton.

Again welcome and enjoy your new versys.

Keith
I live a little south of Norman. Can't wait take a lake trip this weekend. This bike does surprisingly well with a passenger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts