Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you know I recently purchased a 2009 V for my wife got it shipped up from Arizona and we couldn't be more happy. Annnnnd I couldn't be more jealous now! lol I love riding her bike I love my meanstreak too but I like the Versys as an every day bike. So now I am trying to sell my 2003 Vulcan Meanstreak with 15k miles for 4k (has a few extras) and then I am going to dive in on a V except this time I won't ship it. I will use my 1 way free miles to go and get it. Of course I looked today on line and only 250 miles away is my dream bike with everything I want on it! (http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2011-Kawasaki-Versys-650-103244547) Dohhhh! damn that thing called cash money! lol so give me the good vibes to sell off my beloved meanie so I can get my V then we will have 2 in the garage! :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
what's up with that avatar, tommy? i thought those figs were all decom'd but wiki tells me we have quite a few still in the fleet. pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what's up with that avatar, tommy? i thought those figs were all decom'd but wiki tells me we have quite a few still in the fleet. pretty cool.
That was my last ship the crommelin based out of pearl she will be decommed next year most all should be gone by then. My other ship the ranger got decommed in 93 I did the last west pac on her. Lots of good times out in the fleet. :)

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weljo, that's a young age at 36 to retire. Does the Navy help him to find another job considering his young age?
Most military people who retire have no problem at all finding another job if they want to. Most do because many can "reitire" at such a young age.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Weljo, that's a young age at 36 to retire. Does the Navy help him to find another job considering his young age?

He had lots of opportunitiy waiting for him once he retired. But back then alot of people coming out of the military went straight to the postal system.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm Canadian, but thank you for your years of service. After all the American and canadian forces work closely most of the time. I also own a home in Florida so you give me the freedom to do that. Ok, enough with the mushy stuff, sell the streak get that versys and try to wipe the huge permagrin off your face.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm Canadian, but thank you for your years of service. After all the American and canadian forces work closely most of the time. I also own a home in Florida so you give me the freedom to do that. Ok, enough with the mushy stuff, sell the streak get that versys and try to wipe the huge permagrin off your face.
Thanks kojack! You are right we do work close together and the canadian navy are real professionals....Funny story I remember we were doing manuvers with the HMCS Regina near hawaii where I was stationed and I was in CIC (combat information center) and was asked to call the Regina on Navy red (secure UHF comm for general use I was just standing around at the time) any way I called up and said "Vagina this is Crommelin over) uhh ohh... the door to CIC opens up 5 seconds later as the XO came down the ladder from the bridge he wasn't to happy.... I swear to god it was a freudian slip or something.....at least that's what I said. I was told to stay off Navy red and worry about my job and at the time I was standing WCO (weapons control officer watch). I did :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah, may have to trade r in. I know the economy has taken a down turn in the states so alotmofmtoy spending has stopped. Up here, the oil is keeping things booming.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, may have to trade r in. I know the economy has taken a down turn in the states so alotmofmtoy spending has stopped. Up here, the oil is keeping things booming.
Well its only been a week. I would trade her if local dealer had a good deal on a used v. They have a new 2011 is all and I can't swing that. I was hoping to sell fly some where then ride home. I will put bike in cycle trader only in Craigslist as of now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts