Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING-- I don't want to start a oil thread --I tried search no help-I have one question-I use Mobil 1 in my 2016 for the way it improves shifting but after about 3,000 miles it back to being hard shifting-has anyone found a better oil for improved shifting that will last longer than Mobil 1-don't want this to go sideways but would like an answer-but if going to start and bunch of crap please delete it:laugh:

·
Registered
144 Posts
WARNING-- I don't want to start a oil thread --I tried search no help-I have one question-I use Mobil 1 in my 2016 for the way it improves shifting but after about 3,000 miles it back to being hard shifting-has anyone found a better oil for improved shifting that will last longer than Mobil 1-don't want this to go sideways but would like an answer-but if going to start and bunch of crap please delete it:laugh:

I use Motul 7100 ..and I've never experienced any concerns whatsoever .
I change it every 3000 miles.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use Motul 7100 ..and I've never experienced any concerns whatsoever .
I change it every 3000 miles.
I'm a Mobil 1 user and I change out every 2000 miles and have no shifting problems.
I'm an old schooler that would rather wear out the drain plug threads and my wallet than test oil shear and particulate suspension limits.

YMMV.

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
I've used Mobil 1 a few years ago. Then went to Amsoil for a few years and with the V-1K i ran out of Amsoil and switched over to Motul 7100 and change the oil at 5500-6000 miles. The bike shifts like butter...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I run Castrol POWER1® 4T Motorcycle Oil, 10W40.

Tried Mobil 1 but the Castrol does shift better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I also use Castrol Power 4T since birth. Seems fine to me.

Reactions: motorboy

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
i use rotella t6 and get 5-6k miles before changing it but never have any issue changing gear

Reactions: Jack of Heats JoH

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use the Amsoil, but may try the Motul others are using. I've never owned a Kawasaki (5 of them now) that wasn't a bit clunky or notchy when shifting.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run Castrol POWER1® 4T Motorcycle Oil, 10W40.

Tried Mobil 1 but the Castrol does shift better.
After reading a few oil reviews on line I agree with you-so I think I'll try the Castrol Power 1 next change-if I changed the Mobil 1 every 3,000 miles all's good gets a little expensive at $12 a quart--question how many miles do you go with the Castrol--I found the Castrol on Amazon for $52 for 6 quarts that a good deal-Cycle Gear want like $15 a quart for the Castrol---thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I get mine from Amazon, good price and delivered to my door. I change about every 4K - 5K Miles or so. When was the last time a motor went bad because of worn out oil??? Oil and motors are much better now then they used to be, so no need to change out at 3K miles anymore. I also get my WIX oil filters an Amazon as well. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
After reading a few oil reviews on line I agree with you-so I think I'll try the Castrol Power 1 next change-if I changed the Mobil 1 every 3,000 miles all's good gets a little expensive at $12 a quart--question how many miles do you go with the Castrol--I found the Castrol on Amazon for $52 for 6 quarts that a good deal-Cycle Gear want like $15 a quart for the Castrol---thanks
I use Mobil1 15w-50, bought from Walmart for about $26 for 5 qts. Works VG for ME, and seems pretty inexpensive! I change at 5K miles (8K kms).

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info-I think I got what I need -we need to shut this down it's starting to look like an oil thread-and we don't want that

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
My son runs that in his Ninja 650 and loves it......its a quality oil for sure and many people swear by it.
yup its what i run in all 6 of my bikes... and for $20-$25 for a 1 gallon jug you really cant beat the price

Reactions: crosshairs

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts