Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the recent talk about how the algard bash plate bashes up your oil pan, I took a look yesterday at the stock setup...seems the metal mounting plates for the plastic are pretty stout and could potentially break off the bosses on the oil pan...makes me think about using aluminum bolts, maybe shorter bolts, or drilling the mounting plates so they'll bend easy. your opinion?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
"Please note that it is not a BASH plate, nor a SKID plate, but an engine guard."
Alguard's engine guard is only designed to protect the header pipes and oil filter from rocks thrown from the front wheel, mainly because of the aluminum oil pan bosses' vulnerability as they are only meant to secure side plastic covers. They're not made to withstand an upward/rearward bashing, aluminum bolts or not... That's what I like about my Happy Trails skid plate which is bolted at front and lower rear motor mounts on the chassis. It's also great to support the V with both wheels off the ground.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
algard aside (shouldn't have reopened that can of worms), I'm talking about the stock oil pan potentially being holed by the stock belly cover mounting brackets in the event of a slide, since they mount to the pan. anybody have a thought?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
What can I say, tomla. Use teflon bolts, or remove the brackets and do without the skid-plate simulator plastic covers... Better yet, get a proper frame mounted skid-plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts