Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one of the newer style side plug oil pan that buys you about an inch and a half of clearance. In the wake of the recent oil rag in the sprocket debacle and resulting ebay part shopping, I came upon one at a good price and bought it. In process of offroad-ifying my V I figured it couldn't hurt

question for anyone whos ever swapped an oil pan. there's a dangly metal tube "PIPE,BREATHER 32154-0661" where the lower end seats in an orifice in the pan. It's hard to position as you get the pan on due to the floppy nature, on mine anyway.

Trying to decide if normal, or something weird going on with mine and I should dig into. Looks like the upper end of that tube clamps to another, possibly rubber, tube section. If so that would explain the play.

Thanks!

diagram:
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS (KLE650CBF) Crankcase | Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check w/ jdrocks....
I did.. he says he's NEVER had that problem, couldnt even remember the tube I was talking about it was such a non issue. He probably just hammered it on didn't worry about it. :grin2:

I even got desperate enough to pull out the factory shop manual. It was very helpful as usual. "Be sure to align breather tube tip with pocket in the oil pan". duh.. but thats the trouble it's dangling and doesn't want to find the pocket. have to hold the pan in one hand, trying to use a pick to manipulate into place through a tiny gap while trying to not disturb the gasket.

I ended up layin 'er down.. hung from straps. and then on the 727th attempt finally got it. I needed to go to church after, did some serious @#$%! :censored:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts