Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had issues with oil leaking from their oil pressure switch? I have less than 500 miles on the bike and am walking out to puddles of oil under my bike after work every day. I'm 95% certain this is where the oil is leaking from. Pulled the rubber boot from around the switch and it was full of oil. Need to clean it up and start the engine and observe to confirm 100%. It's under warranty so I'm not super concerned. Just wondering how common this might be.

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Your oil switch has failed internally. Switch might still work but the seal inside has failed. That is how they typically fail - even in cars and also temp senders. Oil leaks out through the electrical connector and fills the protective boot.

is it under warranty? get them to replace it.

otherwise just buy a new one and replace it.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Has anyone else had issues with oil leaking from their oil pressure switch? I have less than 500 miles on the bike and am walking out to puddles of oil under my bike after work every day. I'm 95% certain this is where the oil is leaking from. Pulled the rubber boot from around the switch and it was full of oil. Need to clean it up and start the engine and observe to confirm 100%. It's under warranty so I'm not super concerned. Just wondering how common this might be.
No, it's not common at all on the Versys 650, yet... This is the first time I hear about it. Hopefully it won't be common on newer models.

It was common for the Mexican built Dodge Neon (not my car), to which I replaced it recently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts