Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...got my new V....love it. Due to the weather here, I've only been about to ride it about 100K. After I'd parked it I noticed (the day after) a few drops of oil under the bike!! I got down, and thought mayber the filter / drain plug wasn't tight. Nope, tight and bone dry.

I did notice however, that behind the drain bolt and higher up is a bolt with copper washers on it, and that there was a slight amount of oil on/around it. I wiped it off, started the bike, let it warm and checked it again....nothing. I waited overnight, to see if it leaked...nothing. I'll probably take it for a longer run this weekend, and check again. There is no oil on the undercarriage at all, telling me there was very little oil loss.

Does anyone out there know what this copper-washered bolt is for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I did tell my dealer...I talked to one of the techs, and he "believes" that it is an oil flow inspection bolt. ( I have one on my WR 426, to check oil flow after an oil change/service). He told me to keep an eye on it and report anything further...he didn't seemed too concerned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts