Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking for some opinions and feedback about oil changes.. At the end of August I will be going on a three day 1200 mile trip and was wondering if I should change the oil before the trip... I will have about 3000 miles on the bike since the last change... NAPA Gold Filter and AMSOIL 10w40 mC oil. I appreciate any comments.

MB

·
Registered
117 Posts
If I was going on a 1200 mile trip, I'd do it a couple of days prior to the trip and then ride the day before the real trip for a little while to make sure all is OK...I usually change mine around the 3K mark anyway irrespective of a big trip and have read on this forum that others do too....just my 0.02 :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Long days of highway riding really don't work that good oil too bad- I assume you are not doing 1200 miles of stopping and starting around NYC. Won't hurt it to wait, won't hurt it to change it. Just make sure you do it at least 48 before the trip, so if something comes up, you can get it taken care of it time to make the trip!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll change the oil a few days before I go. Based on my mileage I'll be changing it at least one more time before I do the pre-storage change for winter. Might as well do it before the trip... I think I enjoy obsessing over the small [email protected]#t.

MB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts