Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
301 - 320 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I run Castrol POWER1® 4T Motorcycle Oil, 10W40.

Tried Mobil 1 but the Castrol does shift better.
After reading a few oil reviews on line I agree with you-so I think I'll try the Castrol Power 1 next change-if I changed the Mobil 1 every 3,000 miles all's good gets a little expensive at $12 a quart--question how many miles do you go with the Castrol--I found the Castrol on Amazon for $52 for 6 quarts that a good deal-Cycle Gear want like $15 a quart for the Castrol---thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I get mine from Amazon, good price and delivered to my door. I change about every 4K - 5K Miles or so. When was the last time a motor went bad because of worn out oil??? Oil and motors are much better now then they used to be, so no need to change out at 3K miles anymore. I also get my WIX oil filters an Amazon as well. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
21,790 Posts
After reading a few oil reviews on line I agree with you-so I think I'll try the Castrol Power 1 next change-if I changed the Mobil 1 every 3,000 miles all's good gets a little expensive at $12 a quart--question how many miles do you go with the Castrol--I found the Castrol on Amazon for $52 for 6 quarts that a good deal-Cycle Gear want like $15 a quart for the Castrol---thanks
I use Mobil1 15w-50, bought from Walmart for about $26 for 5 qts. Works VG for ME, and seems pretty inexpensive! I change at 5K miles (8K kms).

·
Premium Member
16,349 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay guys i use Amsoi 10-40w synthetic I do 15k mile oil changes. Bought my bike new in May 2016 did my first oil change with Amsoil I have 9200 miles on the bike oil is just as clean as when it was put in. No issues with the oil. Still have a few miles to go. I ran my versys 650 last year to NY from Crystal River FL over 3000 up and back at hwy speeds of 70- 75 mph. Bike held up good still on the original tires couldn't ask for a better combo of oil and oem tires. But give Amsoil a try you won't be disappointed. Use there filter also.
Sam

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,349 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got that oil in at the first of this week and they sent 10W60 instead of 10W40...Sent it back...
LOL, They sent me 10/60 too...... I ordered 2 gallons of 10/40 and they sent me 1 gallon of 10/60...I sent an email to let them know that the product and quantity were both wrong...they promised to fix it....2 days ago a box with 4 gallons of 10/40 in it showed up....:grin2:

·
Registered
646 Posts
I use Mobil1 15w-50, bought from Walmart for about $26 for 5 qts. Works VG for ME, and seems pretty inexpensive! I change at 5K miles (8K kms).
But we all know that your bikes and chains don't last long at all...

·
Super Moderator
21,790 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Valvoline Full Synthetic 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil. Fram PH6017A motorcycle filter. Hyper Tough 65-67mm filter wrench fits Fram but is too big for stock filter. Used chain oil filter wrench to remove Kawasaki filter. I was curious about the oil filter torque compared to Fram instructions of one full turn after gasket contacts engine. Turned out proper torque was about an additional 1/8th turn. My personal preference is for motorcycle specific oils.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know no one has posted in this thread for a couple months but I searched the entire thing and couldn't find the answer to my question. Does anyone know the size of the crush washer needed so that I could purchase a replacement? I haven't drained the oil in my '16 V650 yet which is why I am asking.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I know no one has posted in this thread for a couple months but I searched the entire thing and couldn't find the answer to my question. Does anyone know the size of the crush washer needed so that I could purchase a replacement? I haven't drained the oil in my '16 V650 yet which is why I am asking.
The ones I have are 3/4" outer diameter, 1/2" inner diameter. They're probably metric given they're for a foreign machine. They measure 20mm outer diameter, 12mm inner diameter. Soft copper. I have no idea where I bought them. 8 in a bag.

301 - 320 of 335 Posts