Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often should you really change the oil on the Versys? On my trucks and cars I change more frequently than the manuals specifiy. I will probably do the same on the V but what is a good interval?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just some "Food for Thought" My Honda Civic car engine holds about 4 quarts of Oil. My Versys holds about half that. 3000 miles is an old rule of thumb for oil changes on cars so it would stand to reason to change the Versys engines oil more often when it only circulates 2 quarts of oil. I would, and will change oil more often than the manual says. If I'm planning a few day's of open road touring I will do a oil and filter change before the trip regardless the miles on the oil in the bike prior to the Trip, cheap Insurance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oil change interval

I have just under 1000 miles on my V, and I've changed my oil twice already. I changed it at 132 miles (should have done it much sooner), and again at 611 miles.
I'll probably change it twice per season from here on out. That should work out to about once every 1500 miles. I know some would consider that overkill, but I consider it extra insurance. Besides, it's sooo easy to change the oil on the Versys that I don't mind doing it. Plus, I got a good deal on a few gallons of Honda GN4 motorcycle oil when the local powersports dealer went belly up recently. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts