Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i had YSS shock with both damping and compression adjustment. It was lovely. But a long time ago I ordered the Ohlins shock and it finally arrived. Both of them are made in Thailand, so not that expensive. Anyway, I tried to fit the Ohlins shock and the thing is that it does not work with lowering link - the damping adjuster is hitting it. I could theoretically shave the lowering link, but I thought to try first fitting it without the lowering link to see how it feels. First, I fitted it with 140Nm spring, but the sag was just too much, like 70mm. So I changed the spring to what the company supplies as default, 170nm. Anyway, the Ohlins looks very nice. It is a little less plush that YSS (with 140nm plus lowering link), but it really feels nice. I think Ohlins just makes better shocks, even though they offer only damping adjustment for your Versys. With Sergeant seat, which is very low, I can still flat foot so i am ok without the lowering link, and less is more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, sorry, i posted this thread twice. i thought the first post did not go through because of my internet. Can the administrator delete one of them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts