Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked her up with only 6300 miles :yeahsmile:

I've been tracking these forums for over a year and at long last, I have my bike! Bought in Prescott today and rode it back home to Phoenix. I am IMPRESSED! Handled great on the highway in some pretty good mountain wind. Bought it with the GIVI helmet case, GIVI adjustable wind guard, raised mirrors and Barkguide handle guards.

NOW, what do I do about frame sliders? I'd hate to bang her up. Also, its been a few years since my last ride so I noticed my throttle hand cramping up...any suggestions on a throttle lock? I plan to tour with this bike. While we are at it I could use some suggestions on side bags.

Glad to be here and look forward to some great tips and maybe even meeting up with some new local pals.

Cheers!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
I use a Vista Cruise Universal on both my Vs, and suggest you install SW-Motch 'crash bars' - they've saved MANY $ for members here when their V fell over, or low-sided!

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
LSL sliders/chrash pads

Welcome aboard. I have a green beast also, having picked it up in the Fall. Had not ridden since 1971 so I am having some fun. 60 today in Cincinnati so I'm goihjng to get the V shortly and do some riding aftr lunch.

I just put on the LSL frame sliders, which they call crash pads, and I don't like to use that word. They are great and have a set that matches the green. Instruction is on a breakdown method, but plenty of people have posted stuff about installing them. The way they are placed they are too high to be used as highway pegs IMHO. I'll be posting some pics in the next couple of day showing off my winter farcle additions. You are going to find that the guys and gals on here are an endless source of great data and comments. Check the performance and cosmetic modification posts all the time, and look up old threads for other great data.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the great info ya'all! I was blowing around in the wind today, WINDY in ARIZONA!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts