Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2016 Versys 650 (pictured) and found someone selling the official Topbox & Panniers (used) from a newer model It's going to cost a further £200 to get it delivered to me but still works out over £400 cheaper than getting new ones from the dealer!

I'm pretty sure it'll fit mine (Please tell me if you don't think so!) but it just comes with the boxes and the key since he stacked the bike 3 days after purchase (without the panniers on the side)

I have been quoted from the main dealer for the fittings only....

Topbox fitting bracket/baseplate £121.75

Panniers fitting kit £23.47

Is there a third party bracket & baseplate which will fit the official topbox? Is there anything I should be concerned about buying it for a different model? I don't care it's green and mine is orange!

I'd prefer the official accessories since the topbox comes with a backrest and I'll be going to france with a pillion in summer (Hopefully...) but any other suggestions would be welcome.

Would this fit? https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Givi-E251-Universal-Monokey-Plate/dp/B00FYOQB5A/ref=zg_bs_303848031_13?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z8BY7S7ZCPMWT3EGANXH

·
Registered
499 Posts
Keep in mind that the Kawasaki top box is a rebadged Givi V-47 with a color-coded top trim and a black surround trim instead of gray/silver. The color-coded top trim can be purchased separately if you want to change it. Any Givi Monokey compatible mount plate is definitely compatible with the Kawasaki-badged top case, but you have to find mount arms compatible with your bike. Originally I was using Givi mounting arms and a Givi top plate with the V-47. I later decided I wanted the option to have a luggage rack when I didn't want the top box on, so I switched to a SW-Motech luggage rack with a Monokey adapter kit.

Reactions: weljo2001
1 - 2 of 2 Posts