Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for an exhaust replacement for the versys for awhile. After scouring internet videos and reviews and personal opinions etc I came across an article on the DR650 and how the stock can from the 2001 GSXR1000 is the holy grail for that bike. It provides weight loss, better performance, it adds a little more growl without being too loud, and it never has to be repacked. Now I was wondering if any Versys guys have adapted an OEM muffler from another bike with positive results...or does anybody have an idea of a certain OEM muffler that might work well? I have been collecting parts from other bikes and I can get an OEM ZRX 1100 exhaust and a 2003 Suzuki 1000 exhaust at a low cost. Thank you in advance for any positive feedback

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Have you looked at the Versys exhaust? It looks like a car exhaust, more so than a motorcycle exhaust.

I understand that you are just talking about the muffler part of the exhaust from those other bikes, but you would have to do pipe work and weld some brackets somewhere to hold the muffler since the versys muffler is under the bike.

There a several exhaust manufacturers that offer exhaust for the Versys. If you are trying to save money then just buy a car muffler like a cherry bomb. Then you can play the Runaways Cherry Bomb every morning while you get ready for your ride. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
I have been looking for an exhaust replacement for the versys for awhile. After scouring internet videos and reviews and personal opinions etc I came across an article on the DR650 and how the stock can from the 2001 GSXR1000 is the holy grail for that bike. It provides weight loss, better performance, it adds a little more growl without being too loud, and it never has to be repacked. Now I was wondering if any Versys guys have adapted an OEM muffler from another bike with positive results...or does anybody have an idea of a certain OEM muffler that might work well? I have been collecting parts from other bikes and I can get an OEM ZRX 1100 exhaust and a 2003 Suzuki 1000 exhaust at a low cost. Thank you in advance for any positive feedback
Back in '08 when we first got the V in the USA, quite a few guys posted threads to adapting car-mufflers to the bike. Try SEARCH to find them....

:goodluck:

·
Registered
970 Posts
The 2015 and newer Versys 650's have a one piece exhaust system. I suppose an aftermarket muffler could be installed (cut-off tools and a welder) but it would not be a bolt on task. I have replaced lots of exhausts on bikes for more sound but the Versys OEM is fine with me. A bit more "flow" might be nice though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts