Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Versys tonight, and when I got home and put down the kick stand I noticed a tube that wasn't connected to anything, and it kind of curved down with the kick stand.... any idea what it is? I'll try and snap a picture of it if someone can't identify it off hand.

-Mark

·
Registered
318 Posts
possibly an overflow tube of some kind. Kawi tends to put them out around that area. All my previous Kawi's had them in that area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mystery tube

I think it's the overflow tube from the petrol tank ( perfectly placed to spray the excess on your back tyre!!!!!). Actually, it might just be a vent tube but I've never put in too much petrol to find out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've got one, too. I thought it might be hooked to the battery but haven't bothered to trace where it goes. I suppose if it's just a vent it could be trimmed up a bit, but if it's going to puke out battery acid, I'd rather it be down as low as possible!

·
Registered
451 Posts
someone tould me it was for coolant overflow. in case the heat and pressure get too much it shoots down and out away from the rider, but all over the back tire lol. still a good idea if its true.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, I figured it would be some sort of overflow tube, but there was nothing in the manual so I thought I would check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts