Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just kidding. :wink2:

So.. complete beginner here. Found a good price on a used Versys 2016 with 20k miles on it. Took a train, insured it and rode it back about a hundred miles or so. Terrifying experience..
I'm in college, got my licence and I wanted a do it all motorcycle instead of a faster city bike or a cruiser/adv for long trips. If I could get two bikes, I probably would not have chosen the versys. My main interest in motorcycles is long distance trips rather than track days, but I also needed to get around the city traffic for my daily commute. The versys was the obvious choice within my budget. I know me and the klr would have gotten along well too but maybe when I'm older. So far, the versys has exceeded my expectations in every way. I have a lot to learn but oh boy is it fun to ride a motorcycle or is that just me? :grin2:

Joined this forum to get educated on this beautiful machine I have, as well as to take part in the collective versys experience. I welcome all and any advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bad joke, huh? anyway, i need advice on hard shifting and choppy throttle on the bike. I'll go to the correct forum and ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...If I could get two bikes, I probably would not have chosen the versys. My main interest in motorcycles is long distance trips rather than track days, but I also needed to get around the city traffic for my daily commute. The versys was the obvious choice within my budget....
Since I replaced my KLR650 w/ my SECOND V650 (an '09 in '11 - a 'left-over' after buying the FIRST in AZ in '08) because the V650 is so adept at MOST things.

I replaced it w/ a '15 V650LT that has been ridden across Canada and back in '17, (8,668 miles in 25 days), as well as once to Alaska (of the THREE trips I've done there on V650s). On the three V650s, I've ridden MORE than 165,000 miles.

I BELIEVE you will find that the Versys "checks ALL the boxes", long distance, track days, commuting.

:thumb: - :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts