Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
yeah that looked like it was out of a movie.... sadly it wasn't. I was curious if the person in the van survived. If so there is no way they knew what hit them. absolutely crazy.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
stall due to ....
lack of maintenance?
load shifting?
Illuminati?
forgot to put fuel in?
what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
I've watched that video quite a few times. The news' "talking heads" here stated that it's thought that the plane suffered a "flame-out", but BOTH props were turning, near as I can see, but today in the news it was stated that ALL of that model are being grounded in Taiwan till they find the cause....

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah that looked like it was out of a movie.... sadly it wasn't. I was curious if the person in the van survived. If so there is no way they knew what hit them. absolutely crazy.
It was a taxi and the driver sustained some head injuries but is not critical.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
and they say riding a motorcycle is dangerous..DO NOT..repeat DO NOT fly in an asian airline plane...'nuff said...

:cheers:

·
Registered
87 Posts
We won't know for sure until we get an official report, which comes months or years later. But one of the engines went out (for whatever reason), and then the other may have been shut down (?!?!?!) manually, presumably by accident.

The props were spinning because the aircraft was moving. These are turbine engines, so there is little to no rotating resistance.

It has been a tough year for aviation.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts