Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
That's blinkin awful, had to stop after a minute and that's not a Kiwi accent, sounds more South African/Australian me, to us Kiwi's when a Australian says six it sounds like sex!

·
Registered
391 Posts
This is an Aussie crack at the Kiwi accent. To us Kiwi's the Aussie accent is awefull, so awefull in fact some Aussies are difficult to understand. When i say Thames to an Aussie, they understand it as Tim's. When they say Thames to me it sounds like Tum's. It's more fun than every thing, great rivalry, we just love one another. When we have someone or something good, they claim it as theirs, big brother syndrome. We don't mind, its still Kiwi-ana to us. In sport, the second team i support after us, is Aussie.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
God, you Down Under folks with funny accents are absolutely great. Have to admit I've never heard anyone talk about his dick quite as much as this guy did. I thought I was going to spew soda out my nose when he said Barbara really likes his dick. :D:D:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Some of the American accents are " interesting " to us down under. The vocals in the moonshine tv series are fun to listen to, if it wasn't for the captions you wouldn't understand.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Some of the American accents are " interesting " to us down under. The vocals in the moonshine tv series are fun to listen to, if it wasn't for the captions you wouldn't understand.
Absolutely correct, mate. Folks from Maine can't understand people from Texas and people from Texas think Maine must be a foreign country. Actually, the opposite is true.:D

And we don't get captions either. In Maine yes is ayuh. In Texas for is fer and get is git. No wonder we can't understandeach other. ;) Cartoon balloons over our heads might help?

·
Registered
391 Posts
America being such a big place, accents must vary hugely.
The few Americans, i have met, that have settled in NZ have adopted a bit Kiwi slang. Our country is split with two island's. The further south you go the more they roll their "r's". Might be due to some Scottish ancestry. Phill may clarify. Our native Maori people have their own dialect which is something "different" again. If you goggle Billy T James and watch a video or two you will get the drift. He was a real laugh. Shame he died at an early age.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts