Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try and carry three weapons now with all the shootings! I have added a long knife! I really think it a great idea now adays.

I know some riders are scared the gun will go off and hurt themselves. If this is the case maybe don't CCW! Its not a good fit for you!

If you could carry a can of bear spray that will back anybody off! :thumb:

Ride safe my friends! :thumb::thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Doesn't take a big knife. I always carry a pocket knife just a couple slices across the eyes will do it. They can't shoot what they can't see.:)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Doesn't take a big knife. I always carry a pocket knife just a couple slices across the eyes will do it. They can't shoot what they can't see.:)
+1 Good lord! One of these times some idiot is going to get taken out as they try to hurt innocent people!

·
Registered
665 Posts
If you ccw and worry about it going off, you are not familiar enough with the gun and/or with ccw to be carrying. Go get some instruction and a pile of range time.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Interestingly you are more likely to be shot to death in the US than any other high income country. Figures are per 100,000 people in 2010. Stats are from the World Health Organization.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Interestingly you are more likely to be shot to death in the US than any other high income country. Figures are per 100,000 people in 2010. Stats are from the World Health Organization.
Interestingly most gun stats include suicides. A gun is a very efficient way to end your life, and the U.S. has a lot of them. If you take guns out of the equation, people will still be murdered at similar rates across the planet.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
If these A-Holes just wanted to kill themselves, Thats great i'll buy your bullet for ya. But they want to go somewhere kill a bunch of people and then decide they wanna live. They should be executed on the spot if you ask me.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
If you take guns out of the equation, people will still be murdered at similar rates across the planet.
Not sure how accurate that stat is two wheels posted because according to that NZ has 2 deaths per 100,000 shot to death, we have population of 4.4 million, if my maths are correct that means 88 deaths per year by being shot to death.

A murder by a shooting here still makes the national news so I would say those figures are not accurate for us anyway.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

Those stats are probably pretty close. Violence, whether it be via gun or shovel, usually follows the population density. I think those stats are a perfect reason to carry. With so any people out here shooting other people, I certainly don't want to be the one standing there empty handed.
I think something else that effects the stats are the number of multiple killings that the U.S. has. I don't think phyco mass killers are as much of a problem in the rest of the world. I don't think that as much of a gun control issue as it is a mentality issue.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Just a guess/opinion on my part but I think it's more of a bats##t crazy issue than a firearms issue. Feel free to disagree with me (I have it on good authority that I am a singularly disagreeable person), but if you're nuts enough to do it, finding a vehicle is no real problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Think about this fellows, I moved from a rural city 2 years ago that has a police force with a founded reputation for shooting speeders?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't see Canada on the list, be we have shooting massacres too... My own cousin was the infamous 1999 OC Transpo mass murderer in Canada's capital.

Wow, so I wanted to ask you? Was it so strange just waking up one day and hearing this about your cousin? Did you guys all know he was having all this trouble at work?

Don't feel you have to answer invader...........

1 - 20 of 79 Posts