Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get ask to ride clean up all the time! Is it my mad riding skills, NOT likely, knowledge of the roads, I get lost on the way to work, so nope. I know I can fix anything anywhere right? Out of gas better call a wreaker!

So why? :confused:

I was looking at my gear and noted that my mesh jacket look filthy both from road grime and dead bugs so I decided to wash it. The tag said to hand wash in warm water with mild soap only so I pulled the armor out and dumped it in a tub full of warmish soapy water and the water turned GREY! AND STINKY! :eek: I got a rag and scrubbed the shell best I could and it looked better. I then had to rinse it 3 times to get clear water back. I washed it again and it looked a lot better and I rinsed it really well and it’s hanging out side drying now.

Of course the fun’s getting the armor back in right. I took photos of it so I do have a fighting chance.

AND who knows I maybe I’ll allowed to ride with polite company again! :p

Seriously, take care of your gear and it will take care of you. This stuff’s only so tough and dirt will degrade it rapidly. AND read the tags inside on care, I was all set to dump it in the washer on hot!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I once had a nice light grey riding suit but now it's bug juice camo colored. Even I get disgusted by it. Might be time to try washing it again but that stuff just does not come out. :(

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
I just throw mine in the washing machine and it works great. But then its a front loading machine so thier alot easier on clothes. Use to take the armor out but now just leave it in. Then just hang it up to dry.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have also tried to hand wash mine, with less than wanted results. After a 3000 mile trip I put it in the washer on hand wash, and hung it up outside to dry. It turned out much better. I did take the armor out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only thing I don't love about living and riding out in the country is all the bugs! That's why I always buy darker colored jackets, the bugs are just murder on the white, yellow or grey stuff!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have an Olympia Stealth one piece mesh that I run thru the front loader now and then.
I do take the armor out...
So far, so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts