Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A two day trip on the coast of Annapolis Valley and then through Kejimkujik National Park, found a lot of places to explore in the future and forgot to take more pictures. Going up the gravel road I dropped the bike for the second time after hitting some ruts and rocks. Fortunately the Givi side cases and the hand guards prevented any damage and scratches to the bike. Only needed to open and re-close the bags, hurray for Givi.

Here are some pics from the trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Excellent photographs, nicely composed. That's a great neck of the woods for riding. I stopped at Kejimkujik Seaside Adjunct a few years back, on a whim, and ended up taking a 5-mile hike! Gorgeous scenery.

If you're interested, click Reading Material in my signature, then click The Nature of Nova Scotia. The story was published in 2004 so it may be dated in places, but you may appreciate reading about your part of the world from the perspective of a visitor on two wheels.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I rode through part of that area myself a few weeks ago. No camping for me though. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
More NS, now a 1 day trip in the opposite direction.

Well here are some pics from today's trip, it was a bit cool to start off but nice and warm in the afternoon. I crossed the bridge to Dartmouth, NS and then pretty well skirted along the coast to see some new roads. But every time I get home I don't think I took enough pictures. Here are at least some to share. As my sig says I have an expensive photography hobby so I drag my SLR everywhere (almost).

Dead end - the GPS did warn me about this one.

Here's the GPS, I have a Nuvi 750 attached to the Motorwerk Zumo 660 bracket just had to drill 2 new holes
(the cradle is separate and power comes through the powered tankbag, not ideal but it works for now).

Talk about rusty equipment, I wonder if this still works.

The GPS said this is a road but at this point I think it is time to turn around and retrace my steps, I don't have the tires or skills to negotiate this and nobody to pull me out if I get stuck.

Here are a few more, the last one is looking towards Halifax Harbour from the Bedford Highway.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like you had a great ride too and nice pics!

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 750 isn't waterproof is it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope but I spent too much on stuff already so couldn't really swing $800 for the Zumo 660, maybe some day if it ever drops in price. So far that hasn't been an issue since I never really got stuck in rain anywhere that I didn't know where I was.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Very nice pictures. You have some amazing scenery there!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm looking at the 550 as it's waterproof and I think it will fit on Speedy's mount. Of course you lose widescreen.....

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Speedy has a predrilled mount for the Zumo 550. Another nice feature is that they include both a car mount and a motorcycle mount.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia

Here are a few earlier Peggy's Cove pictures. I thought I posted them before but can't find them. If I did I apologize for repetition. I went out there early in the morning just to see the sunrise and beat the tourist hordes, those who are from the area know what I am talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Late October trip.

Here is another beautiful day in Nova Scotia, it was a bit of a surprise. The night and morning was nasty and the forecast wasn't great. By the time I got out of the house around 12:30 it was beautiful and sunny and 18 degrees Celsius (about 65 fahrenheit) so couldn't ask for better conditions, only downside were those slow Sunday drivers again. The roads were wet but drying out, and by the time I actually had a chance to go riding the roads cleared up. Drove south east a bit, this time a bit further than Peggy's Cove and then came back along the coast. Caught up to a slow, slow moving bike and noticed it's a Versys. Happened to be a guy I met a couple weeks ago at the dealer, he was only contemplating the purchase of a Versys then. Poor guy is still breaking it in, welcome to the Versys forums too Chris. Too bad I didn't take a picture of the 2 Versys' and us together.

And did I ever say I love the ride to Peggy's Cove, just in case you didn't notice in my photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rick, I should make one as a gift for this Christmas, at least for my family.

I am using a Canon 50D, and most of these are with the 17-40 L lens by Canon. I am a bit lazy on switching lenses while riding. I am thinking of getting the 24-105 but it's a little bit out of my budget right now. We'll see what happens down the road.

There are more pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/vlast.pojman - did I say I love to travel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great day for driving for sure, the smile is still plastered on my face! Glad you had a good trip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts