Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,379 Posts
I think I MIGHT have written about this episode that happened back in '65 when I was running my 'drag-bike'....
Later that day when we were running 'eliminations', I was next up to do a solo run as I was the only bike in my class. I was going thru the run mentally while sitting on it, and watching Frank Pedragon do a run in his AA/FC (double A fuel coupe - a dragster w/ a very minimal body). The strip ran N to S, w/ a grandstand along the W side of the first half. As I watched, Frank 'lit-them up' basically for the full run, smoke boiling off his slicks, and as he got past the 'stands' and into a STRONG westerly wind his dragster began drifting, smoke still rolling off his slicks, toward the center-line. He hit the center-line timing lights (6.9 seconds, 197 mph IF I remember right), then his run REALLY "went south".

It began to go end-over-end rolling left simultaneously, and I recall looking at the 'crash' thinking "What is a helicopter doing down there?" before I fully realized what was happening!

Later when I was collecting my 'tow-money' Frank drove up, towing his wrecked car, one band-aid on his forehead, to get HIS appearance $$. The strip owner started saying that as Frank had arrived a day later than he had agreed to, that the strip owed him nothing.

Frank stared at him, then mentioned how he was going to "rearrange" the owner's face, and the owner reached for his wallet.

The result, for ME - that was the last time I raced at Shepherds Field.

·
Registered
Vx300 Don’t fear the Revs!
523 Posts
A speed trap happened today on my way in. I glance down at my speedo-87 in a 70. Oops 😬 In my defense, the road was moving about 82 mph, so I was just kind of walking thru it. He was causing enough traffic that I don’t think he get a clear shot on me. Nor did I see him jumpIng into his car to pursue. But I only had eyes on him for a moment. He was on a curve in the road 5 lanes across from me and frankly a road hazard. I carried on like I had been, putting as much traffic between him and me as possible without getting stupid about it. If he’s coming for me, he’s going to have to earn it. Well I never made him out in my mirrors and punched in on time. Beware of the tax collectors with radar/laser guns...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Are
Here I will show the reasons Why I dont use shinko tires. View attachment 187674
View attachment 187673
View attachment 187671
View attachment 187672
They say Pictures speak many words, However.
I was riding along, Happy as can be.
Felt a little bit of a squirrelyness (technical terminologies) from the backend, then everything got really hard to move.
I let go of the handlebars, and the bike righted itself, and pulled itself off the road onto the shoulder.
Are they made by that Korean company Di Yung Soon?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts