Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name in Kevin from MD. I am in the research mode as what my first Motorcycle might be. Have narrowed it down to I believe the Honda ctx700 and versys 650. Being 6 foot tall with a 32 inseam I don't want to be stuck feeling cramped.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
World of difference between your two choices. My Versys is well suited for my riding style - upright riding position, short wheelbase, quick and precise handling. My wife likes her CTX 700 - relatively low saddle, feet forward cruiser-style, long wheelbase and more leisurely handling. Both have their pros and cons - enjoy whichever you ultimately decide on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi, my name in Kevin from MD. I am in the research mode as what my first Motorcycle might be. Have narrowed it down to I believe the Honda ctx700 and versys 650. Being 6 foot tall with a 32 inseam I don't want to be stuck feeling cramped.
2 different riding styles. You will need to figure out what type of rider you are 1st. Easier to choose a bike after that.

My 2017 Versys 650 LT is my 1st bike. Amazing bike. I'm 5 11 and feels perfect. Big bike no doubt, especially for a 1st bike. Got it less that 2 weeks ago and put 150 miles on it so far. IT IS A JOY.

Personally, I would choose versys for sure. But again, that's only because I wanted an upright adventure ish riding position and the versys is A LOT OF BIKE for the money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
Kawasaki makes another style bike that uses the Ninja motor............it's a cruiser style. Sit and test ride as many bikes as possible to try for a good fit. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome Cruechief!
I am also 6' with 32" inseam, AND I have a left knee that no longer bends much past 100 degrees. My '15 Versys 650 is comfortable enough for me to ride long distance (with the occasional break to stretch my legs) without issue or discomfort. I don't find it to be cramped at all, tho I would highly recommend a better windscreen if you go with the V. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts