Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this is going to be a long winter. Last week we didn't get above freezing all week. This week started off the same but warmed up into the 60s yesterday and was in the 50s last night. BUT things are going downhill fast! A winter storm is moving in and we are now expecting up to 8" of snow and ice on top of that by Saturday morning. :censored:

Something tells me I might be taking the car to work. :eek:

·
Banned
895 Posts
We have been OK up until today, & it went from 68'f yesterday to 28'f today!!

That's a 50' drop in less than 24 hours.......but, I do like the snow, & coming from England, we usually wrap our 'bikes up around the end of October until early March, so I get an extra month of riding on each end.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Weather's a bit of a bummer here to, supposed to get up to 28 c or 82 f and ive got sleep between night shifts but there is always the 30km ride to work tonight to make up for the uncomfortable sleeping weather .:p

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
-17 and should get to -30 tonight! For you that don't understand how cold that is it can freeze a mans balls off in about ten minutes! :eek:

With nine inches of snow its hard to get around on the V! :eek: :usa:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just spent 20 mins scraping ice off the car to get to work. Going be a nasty day.

I least the bike at snug in the garage on lifts and hooked to chargers.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
For what it's worth, large parts of Texas aren't much better. High in San Antonio today is supposed to be around 35 F with lows in the high 20s and freezing rain. We can expect a lot of fender-benders around town in the next few days. Ice? What's ice got to do with driving? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts