Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
09 v650
guns dont kill, people do?...But have you seen pokey sticks? they seem to have minds of their own....try using a stick and string to throw the pokey sticks at anything..or nothing but the dirt..馃ぁ
seems like no matter who you are you have to have seen pokey sticks. What are the standard specs of pokey sticks to poke stuff at any range?:geek:

(just relating to the gun talks...) 馃榿馃槄

Super Moderator
I load way above military grade not meaning a hot round, use to do competition till had back surgeries
I had TWO AR15s, one a replica of the XM177E2 that I 'put together' myself, so I reloaded for both. Here's a pic of them, plus a 1911.

White Machine gun Air gun Trigger Black

The muzzle-blast and NOISE from the 'shorty' was incredible! I figure that using one in combat (that is NOT a "silencer" on mine, just a flash-hider) you could kill your enemy if you hit him, deafen him (and and YOURSELF) by the noise, and burn him with the muzzle-flash!

Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I had TWO AR15s, one a replica of the XM177E2 that I 'put together' myself, so I reloaded for both. Here's a pic of them, plus a 1911.

View attachment 191047

The muzzle-blast and NOISE from the 'shorty' was incredible! I figure that using one in combat (that is NOT a "silencer" on mine, just a flash-hider) you could kill your enemy if you hit him, deafen him (and and YOURSELF) by the noise, and burn him with the muzzle-flash!
My competition AR-15 no name just goodies weighs almost 11lbs. AR-10 DPMS. Added big scopes for bad eyes, did irons on the 15 during comp. Both, if I do my part are sub MOA @100 yd. The muzzle brake on the .308 if deafening not to mention you don't want to be anywhere beside it, ask my wife, she shoots too we have basically the same stuff across the board. Oh yeah S&W Performance Center 1911

Attachments

Registered
09 v650
i like how some companies "team" up with a specific communications company for their "bluetooth ready" helmets...and then the com unit is sold out in all countries and isnt available for back order, or anything. and used prices reflect the same lack of "available" pricing, and they end up staying "worth it"....

Cough COUGH schu^ Cough *berth caugh... ahem. excuse me. I know there are other brands with same issues.

all of our 'speaker ready" liners arent made equally either. oh well..

Registered
09 v650
We here on the blue planet are glad to hear that the aliens among us also have Mother in law troubles!
dangole mother in laws man, there good for a couple of things. leaving and leaving you alone.

or as the ferangi federation might say, "taking their money...." 馃懡 馃槄馃榿

"Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. "
"Why ask, when you can take?"

Registered
They give more than just the illusion of safety. The body can survive without a limb, but not without a brain.
I know of people with relatively minor other injuries who have had their life support turned off because of unrecoverable brain injury.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
WOW, I'd never buy from either of those outlets anyway, I just replaced my helmet and got a Shoei, was more than I wanted to pay but with a long oval head I have the least options out there and fitment is top priority and the Shoei was it but man I've never had a more comfortable well fitting helmet, the noise level between it and my old helmet is like being in a car at 70 mph with the windows up and down

Registered
Before buying helmet I always check this site:

On that site i find this helmet Caberg Duke - SHARP And I buy second time this type of helmet. I don't care for helmet noise because I always have earplugs, safety is number 1 for me..

You can check on this site Schubert helmets which are know like really really good (at least in my country) and one of the quietest helmets and expensive but check safety.

So I don't belive how good helmet are by checking price, but checking this type of tests sites.

Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT + various accessories
RideApart
Helmets With Bogus Safety Certification Sold Online, Says New Investigation

Helmets bought from Amazon. First test at 1:42. I found the side impact test at 2:18 more interesting. The shell shatters.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
RideApart
Helmets With Bogus Safety Certification Sold Online, Says New Investigation

Helmets bought from Amazon. First test at 1:42. I found the side impact test at 2:18 more interesting. The shell shatters.

Same vid on post #33 Still more reasons to buy a reputable name helmet, you get what you pay for or you really don't get what you pay for. DOT is the bare bones certification and barely worthy.

Helmet certifications explained...

21 - 37 of 37 Posts