Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a little press lately about another non pneumatic tire that Polaris is going to be releasing on one of the ATV's.

Do you think this technology will ever make its way into mainstream motorcycle tires?

Personally, I would love to see it. First of all, I think they look cool, but never having to worry about a flat or checking tire pressure would be nice too.

From the ones I've see so far, sounds like they can get better performance in a vehicle tire configuration and profile but I can see where building a rounded profile tire may be more of a challenge.

Any thoughts.

Mitch

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's bound to happen sooner than later. Building a rounder profile is more difficult however should't pose a problem for the engineers.

Personally I would love to seed it on a bike. One of my biggest fears is driving on the super slab and blowing a tire..........

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Who needs a round profile, you could run a non-pneumatic "car" tire.

Oooh nooo he didn't....................................................................

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
I've seen some "sausage-like" things to go into dirt tires so they can't go flat....

·
Registered
180 Posts
One of the problems that could possibly arise is that the rubber part of the tire that is in contact with the road could separate at high speed. They are fine for ATVs and bicycles but for motorcycles, it could be a challenge.

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
The Bib Mousse? I like the concept, but they don't come close to the psi-equivalent and speed requirements needed for street riding.
NOT those. The things I've read about seem to be 6 to 8" long, and reddish, and you put several into each tire. (PROBABLY only good for the lower speeds of dirt riding....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts