Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up w/ a good alliterative to the factory handguards for the 2015 ABS model? I had read some time ago about some KTM and V-Strom models working, but couldn't determine if they fit the 2015 or any specific part numbers.

Jim in NE OH

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look very nice. Did you run into any issues during their installation?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone come up w/ a good alliterative to the factory handguards for the 2015 ABS model? I had read some time ago about some KTM and V-Strom models working, but couldn't determine if they fit the 2015 or any specific part numbers.

Jim in NE OH
Whatcha after? Weather protection for hands, or drop protection for levers?

If the former, then either Barkbuster Blizzards or Oxford Muffs. The latter look bloody awful, but really keep the digits dry and warm. The Blizzards look better but don't do as good a job but are still OK. I have them fitted to my '15 V. It doesn't get very cold in Oz.

If you want to protect your levers, then Barkbusters or something similar.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that does both jobs in any reasonable way.

BruceC

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
IF my '15 wasn't an LT, I would have put ZETA XC guards on it, same as my '08 and '09 have/ had.

Protect in drops, as well as for wind and cold....

·
Registered
656 Posts
I recently installed the Acerbis Dual Road Hand Guards and paid the extra $25 to get the optional LED insert that hooks up to your turn signal wiring. Some people are down on these since they only connect to the bar end, but I find them to be very heavy duty, being a combination of a metal spine and bar end that is covered with a thermo plastic housing. Beware that inserting the light bar insert is a PITA, and you will now when it is properly seated. I also just installed some Oxford heated grips, and between the guards and the grips, my hands and fingers are very comfortable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I recently installed the Acerbis Dual Road Hand Guards and paid the extra $25 to get the optional LED insert that hooks up to your turn signal wiring. Some people are down on these since they only connect to the bar end, but I find them to be very heavy duty, being a combination of a metal spine and bar end that is covered with a thermo plastic housing. Beware that inserting the light bar insert is a PITA, and you will now when it is properly seated. I also just installed some Oxford heated grips, and between the guards and the grips, my hands and fingers are very comfortable.
Can you post a picture or pictures of your Oxfords.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just installed a set of these cheap ($20) "fake" carbon fiber ones from china.
They fit great, are strong as hell, and clear everything on the bike.

And the carbon look is starting to grow on me.

They were mainly supposed to be a "backbone" for putting some handlebar mitts on (and keep them off the controls) but they deflect a lot more wind from my hands than I would have ever expected.

The hardware fits nicely on the bars, Only change I made was to replace the bits made to fit inside the end of a hollow tube with a couple of stainless button heads that match the threads in the factory bars.

The end weights don't fit back on, but I have noticed zero vibes after taking them off. The factory anti vibe mounts must work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been leaning towards those, especially since I discovered they make a set specific to the V. Any chance of posting a photo - can't figure how they might look since their shape is rounder than the factory pieces.

I have the Storm two point mount, comes with bar weights, awesome build.Specific to the Versys. Plus really good price, thrown in by the dealer on my 2015!

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Answering my own question, yes the Acerbis multiconcept xstrong handguards do fit. Noticeable vibrations shifting through the lower gears but not in 5/6 gear at highway speeds which is where I care about.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts