Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i've noticed in the past few days a strange noise coming from my front wheel.

it actially happens only in 90+ kph, and its very disturbing.

today to try to isolate the sound i rode at about 120kph and engaged the clutch and leand over the front to listen and it was very clear somthin's wrong..

had any of you ever had a prob like this before?
does it make sense that somthing in the front wheel axle had broken down?:(

btw my V has 4,700miles on it.

any help will be appriciated

·
Registered
204 Posts
Depending on a variety of things maybe a stuck or flat bearing.

Bring it to the deal ASAP it could lock up on you and that would make for a bad outcome.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Where do you live? Is it really sandy/dirty there? That may cause bearings to fail. Bearings are easy to replace, though shouldn't be going out that fast.

It could also be the rotor/brake pads making noise. Take a look at your pads & see if they're worn down & need replacing. They shouldn't at that mileage, but its possible.

Not sure what kind of mechanic you are, but if it were me, I tear that sucker apart & inspect it. If you're not comfortable doing that, then take it to a mechanic.

Good luck to ya & let us know what you find!! :thumb:

Oh, & welcome to the site! :welcome:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I started to get a similar harmonic noise coming from the front wheel yesterday. I immediately went to the dealer, and the service guy told me it's probably the brake pads or rotor, and it would probably just get worse. He asked if it changes tone when the front brake is applied, and I said yes. Mine is mostly between 37 - 41 mph. Not sure what to make of it yet...

Any further thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts