Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out on a group ride last week when the battery seemed to die.
Fully charged the battery. Would not start the bike. Used a bigger battery to start the bike no dramas. Rectifier seems to be working as we checked the voltage across the battery while running.
Rode it for an hour and a half home. Got home. Turned off, would not start again.
It's turning on and dialing up, but as soon as you hit the start button I'm just getting rapid clicking like the battery doesn't have the grunt to turn the motor. Solenoid or bad earth has been suggested.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
So I was out on a group ride last week when the battery seemed to die.
Fully charged the battery. Would not start the bike. Used a bigger battery to start the bike no dramas. Rectifier seems to be working as we checked the voltage across the battery while running.
Rode it for an hour and a half home. Got home. Turned off, would not start again.
It's turning on and dialing up, but as soon as you hit the start button I'm just getting rapid clicking like the battery doesn't have the grunt to turn the motor. Solenoid or bad earth has been suggested.
Any ideas?
It would be helpful if you used one of my battery tests.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my 2015 I got a $16 starter relay from Amazon and it fixed mine. I was going to provide the link for it, but apparently the 2016 uses a different part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys, turned out the battery was cooked. Have replaced it and she breathes again. Time will tell as to whether or not I have bought a lemon. Found the water pump leaking today while changing the oil. Yay!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Probably a good idea to check the charging voltage... just in case

Reactions: Smiley

·
Registered
90 Posts
Make sure the battery is fully charged before you put it in the bike if you want to accurately check the charging voltage.It is a good idea to make sure the battery is fully charged before you start using it. Otherwise it will never reach its full potential and won't last as long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts