Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bad news for the Chain Gang

That's was one of the last bikes I had before the Vs. 650, so hopefully we will get a lot of new owners from this BMW brain storm. They always wanted customers to trade up, but the 650 was perfect for most customers. It only took them 22 years to figure it out.

The TR650 they sold to Husky could beat a KTM 690 out of the crate, and I think they saw that a 650 could replace their whole line (BMW first, and THEN KTM!!) I'd love to own a TR650 too, but a Vs. 650 by itself will work for now.

Welcome any new members to the ultimate 650cc motorcycle: the Vs. 650.
(This is what they really wanted when they bought the BMW, for the street anyway: or a Bultaco 350 for the off-road)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well, I think that's a stupid move. It was a very good "entry level" BMW that got people hooked into the brand. I used to ride with BMW riders and honestly I lost count of how many new riders got the 650s and in less of a year they were trading up to the paralell twins or the boxers... They were not without their faults, in over 20 years of production BMW never bothered fixing the stupid waterpump, but they were pretty effective at getting people to drink up the BMW kool aid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts