Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an issue with my Givi windscreen- at night, the screen picks up an awful lot of glare from the headlight. It's even worse if it's raining... and worst of all on "brights". I've got it on the second set of holes right now-

Here's my thought... does the screen need to be set so far forward by the rubber bumpers? Is there a reason? It seems to me, that if I cut the bumpers down the screen might be set back enough to lose some of the glare...

Anybody had the same problem, or have comments/solutions?

TIA

·
Registered
263 Posts
It happens to me with my CalSci installed in the Madstad mount... I thought the problem was the Madstad mount but looks like it's the same with the OEM windshield base... and yes, it's because the windshield is too far from the headlight... that gap should be closer.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happens to me with my CalSci installed in the Madstad mount... I thought the problem was the Madstad mount but looks like it's the same with the OEM windshield base... and yes, it's because the windshield is too far from the headlight... that gap should be closer.
Pretty much my thoughts. I may try and mock up some spacers, to see how it changes...

I use a strip of black gorilla tape on the top of the headlight. It has stayed there for years. Cheap and quick.
ON the headlight itself? Or, like an eyebrow/mini fender, OVER the headlight? Because you got me thinking about something just velcroed over the top... but I'd worry that the wind pressure would push it back...:interesting:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Visual aid please, could you possibly take a photo or two?......just curious.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I cut fuel hose in half and put it along the bottom of the windscreen. Then I changed the little light at the top of the headlight to a green led bulb, and took off the hose. Now the windscreen lights up green, which I like. But the hose did stop it from glaring. It did seem worse with an incandescent type bulb.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, part of the issue was that my windshield was resting on 1+" spacers- heavy steel ones at that. I remounted it with little rubber spacers made from fuel line, and the headlight issue is much improved... I put a piece of rubber molding across the bottom of the windshield to stop the "fiber-optic" effect, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts