Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Very nice. I have to admit some jealousy, however. The only non-commute trip I've taken since I bought my bike was to Walmart to warm up the engine for the 600 mile oil change.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Noticed the dusting of snow,wonder what the Washington pass is like.Its over 5000 ft.I came through there after the sun went behind the mountains west from Winthrop on a warm fall day a couple of Octobers ago ,should have been wearing a snowmobile suit! Im gonna get that way one more time this year if the weather cooperates.Did the S. Skagit highway from Sedro to Darrington this year after going to Artists point.mt. Baker.Thanks for the tips,Tom.Then I looped back to Vancouver from Highway 9,cut across to Bellingham via Lake Whatcom .A full days ride full of twists,ups and downs and majestic scenery.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Noticed the dusting of snow,.

there was a forest fire in August of 2015 that came very close to Newhalem. All the underbrush
was taken and the granite mountain exposed. I believe this is what you are referring to. I didn't see any
traces of fresh snow, it is on the way, just not yet.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I rode out to Chilliwack lake on Friday, still felt like summer here.I was just across the border almost due north of you in the Cascades. We can get to the north end of Ross lake this side via Silver-Skagit road. Ive never been all the way,its a long logging FSR but how some access Mt. Holzameen,a remote hiking/climbing destination from this side which is really on your side of the border....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts