Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Versys out today with a plan to find some twisty scenic roads and yes there are good riding roads in Ohio. Since my V is just now getting broke in I really wanted to stretch it's legs a bit today so this was the first long ride. Stopped at the Big Muskie Bucket for a stretch. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2184

I continued on in search of more twisties. About 40 miles from home the temperature dropped rapidly and it started raining. I don't have any sidecases yet thus no raingear.:( I pushed on as fast as I could shivering all the way home, man those last 30 or so miles were cold. 280 miles in all, oh I forgot to mention the Versys loves the twisties. :thumb::thumb:

Overall a great day of riding, the seat wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, the Emgo mirrors are great, the lowered footpegs are perfect and the V is a blast to ride hard and fast.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I took the Versys out today with a plan to find some twisty scenic roads and yes there are good riding roads in Ohio. Since my V is just now getting broke in I really wanted to stretch it's legs a bit today so this was the first long ride. Stopped at the Big Muskie Bucket for a stretch. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2184

I continued on in search of more twisties. About 40 miles from home the temperature dropped rapidly and it started raining. I don't have any sidecases yet thus no raingear.:( I pushed on as fast as I could shivering all the way home, man those last 30 or so miles were cold. 280 miles in all, oh I forgot to mention the Versys loves the twisties. :thumb::thumb:

Overall a great day of riding, the seat wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, the Emgo mirrors are great, the lowered footpegs are perfect and the V is a blast to ride hard and fast.

Yep, you're right about that!! And I'd LOVE to hit that road!

:thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
From another Ohio rider.

I live about 10 mins from the Pennsylvania border. So my wife and I loaded up the Versys and headed to Cook Forest State Park and Allegany National Forest. Beautiful country! There’s a road that runs along the Clarion River from Cook Forest and into Allegany. Not a lot of twisties but a nice peaceful ride at 25 to 35 mph. Here’s a few pictures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
55wed55,
I live very close to the Cook Forest area.
I ran that road on my (blue) V a week or 2 ago. A nice relaxing ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
55WED55 - your top case setup is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Can you tell which rack and which case you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts