Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined, proud owner of 2017 Versy 650 GT, Candy Green SE

Can't fault the bike other than just one little thing!, numb throttle hand after 20 mins in the saddle! Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum, I don't know your age, but I use a cramp buster, very simple and works great, I also have a throttle lock which allows me to briefly change the position of the cramp buster or adjust something with my right hand. Possibly explain if it is a vibration problem or in my case, arthritis .

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
336 Posts
:welcome:to the forum, I don't know your age, but I use a cramp buster, very simple and works great, <snip>
I too am a Crampbuster guy - I have a Throttlemeister bar end throttle lock on Percy and the issue with those (or any 'fixed' throttle control) is that you're always twiddling with the throttle because the road slope changes every, oh, 8 feet or so unless you live in the midwest - after a while I got tired of the constant twiddling and went to the Crampbuster which takes a little more attention, but I didn't have to constantly adjust it.

JMO, your mileage will prolly vary.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Foam on grips helps, too. Or wrap with tennis racket gel tape. Bigger is easier for me to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Just joined, proud owner of 2017 Versy 650 GT, Candy Green SE

Can't fault the bike other than just one little thing!, numb throttle hand after 20 mins in the saddle! Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks
MY suggestion...? TRY not to ride w/ your "throttle hand in the saddle...".

(You're probably holding on TOO tightly - try relaxing your grip a bit.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts