Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am the proud new owner of a 2017 Versys 650 LT. It's my 2nd motorcycle since taking the MSF course last fall, with the first being a 2013 Honda CB500F.

There Versys seems huge compared to that bike, and the Honda seemed huge compared to the Grom I rode during MSF :laugh:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Still poking around the forum and learning how to add photos, etc. Tons of good info on here :nerd:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Hello all.

I am the proud new owner of a 2017 Versys 650 LT. It's my 2nd motorcycle since taking the MSF course last fall, with the first being a 2013 Honda CB500F.

There Versys seems huge compared to that bike, and the Honda seemed huge compared to the Grom I rode during MSF :laugh:
Your MSF class used Groms?! No wonder everything else seems huge. , It strikes me teaching on a Grom is using a paddock bike to teach the techniques and nuances of road riding. It would seem I don't understand the "why" of it, but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your MSF class used Groms?! No wonder everything else seems huge. , It strikes me teaching on a Grom is using a paddock bike to teach the techniques and nuances of road riding. It would seem I don't understand the "why" of it, but stranger things have happened.
They had 2 Groms, a Rebel 250, a TW200, 2 Kawasaki Intruder 250's, 2 CBR250's, and a few more I can't remember. I got to the lineup late on the first day and all that was left was a bright yellow Grom. It served its purpose well enough, I suppose, and it was fun to ride sub 30mph.

I'm sure if I jumped on an HD Road Glide that it would also seem huge compared to the 650 V. Baby steps :grin2:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
They had 2 Groms, a Rebel 250, a TW200, 2 Kawasaki Intruder 250's, 2 CBR250's, and a few more I can't remember. I got to the lineup late on the first day and all that was left was a bright yellow Grom. It served its purpose well enough, I suppose, and it was fun to ride sub 30mph.

I'm sure if I jumped on an HD Road Glide that it would also seem huge compared to the 650 V. Baby steps :grin2:

Ah, more information and now a better understanding. Thanks for the additional info. It doesn't seem strange any longer.

And yes to the "baby steps" to larger bikes. After that eventually comes reverse baby steps. I recently exchanged my '93 BMW K75S for a BMW G310R because, at age 73 (me, not the bike) it became too heavy to make me feel comfortable riding it any longer. Love the little 310 too. It's nimble, light, and just plain fun to ride.

Enjoy your bike and ride safely. And try not to grow old, it's a trap!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts