Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys (and Gals).

Mike from West Central Indiana here. I do not have a Versys...YET! I have been a lurker here for a year plus and said time to join. I race B level MX and some offroad Senior class B, trail ride and back roader.

I have wanted an Adventure style twin for several years but the cost is just so high (KTM, BMW, etc) for a bike that might be on the ground. Then along comes the Versys..YES!

I am looking to buy one used and make it into a back road explorer. Of course a local dealer has some 09's for $5100 brand new...HHHMMM!?

I have a XR280 converted to DS, but it falls way short for any real distance. My area has a million great roads with tree's, creeks and covered bridges galore...Perfect Versys counrty!

Nice to know there is a Versys site with alot of knowledgable people on it. :)

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea..but this time of year a 2000 mile ride home might be tough..yes I am a sissy..LOL I am going to wait till Spring. Two small loans paid off then and easier to justify. There was a Blue one that sold this fall 100 miles from me for $3200, with a taller shieled and case gaurds!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
:welcome:just my opinion since you race MX, you may break the versys if you ride it to hard as its not a KTM, bmw or KLR and in my humble opinion it is mainly a road bike that can go off road as long as its not to rough and i have pushed my V and got it stuck on a beach once.
Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is about what I know a versys is ready for with just a tire change.

My little XR280 is super trail capable. I want some thing that will roll out 250 mile days, dirt roads, broken pavement, etc. I know it is NOT a dirt bike. By the way. I have ridden my buddies KTM950. Its awesome...but not that awesome! $$$$$$$$$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts