Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,
New to the forum. Have a Versys and a Honda VTX1800. I'm 66, and have had Kawasaki a 1200R, Concours, Honda Magnas, KLR, Shadow, and others back to a Honda Scrambler when I was 16. I am in the process of building up a possible solo seat and poor man's hard bags. Believe it or not, I just completed 1200 miles on the VTX, and have a Goldwing box on top and two (well four actually, they are doubled) industrial strength polystyrene trash cans as side bags. Mounted well, they worked great, and hold the gear for such a trip (camping) rather than the little lunch box sized bags many seem to make do. I will post some pics of the project if it works out well enough to share.
Anyhow, hello, and thanks for the advice on the gearing...just got a 43 tooth rear sprocket. Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum, jimkivi. Looks like most of the forum members are out enjoying the weather.

Looks like you have quite a bit of experience on motorcycles! I'd love to see some pics of all those DIY farkles when you're done. Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Welcome Jim, You'll love the Versys. Mine was named Mini Me by a friend who rides a Connie. She has ridden the Versys and said she like get one for her next bike.

My other ride is The Fat Little Pig...a KLR. I see you had one and I still think it's one of the greatest bikes I've ever owned. Slow and funky it may be BUT it will haul almost anything almost anywhere.

Ride safe.

Time

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:welcome: Good to have yet another sixty-something in the group. Not all fun is limited to the young cubs. :D :thumb:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Quite a collection of bikes you have there Jim:thumb:
Welcome from Sunny Alaska!:usa:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the group Jim. Look forward to the pictures of your modifications.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts