Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my name’s Greg. 52. Just picked up my first bike ever last summer... 2018 650 LT. Lovin’ it so far... living in Ottawa, CAN, so it’s waiting in my garage right now, making me check the weather app every day to see when the ice will melt and I can get back on the road 🙂

·
Super Moderator
19,018 Posts
...living in Ottawa, CAN, so it’s waiting in my garage right now, making me check the weather app every day to see when the ice will melt and I can get back on the road....
You can always "stud" your tires for the ice....

Back when I ice-raced, we set-up a course a few miles downstream from Hawksbury, ON on the river. When racing was over one afternoon, I decided to do a wheelie across the Ottawa River (somewhere around 3/8 mile there, just upriver from the dam at Pointe-Fortune.), so first I wheelied across to the N (QC side), then turned and wheelied back to ON, then rode home (my farm was several miles from there, near St. Eugene, ON).

I've ALWAYS told people that I MIGHT be the ONLY guy you'll meet who has "pulled a wheely" across the Ottawa River, BOTH ways...! Did it on this:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts