Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold a bike. Bad back problems but if the doc can fix it I’ll be looking for a bike. Just an around the town bike and the versys 650 looks perfect. The only dealbreaker would be if it had a vibration problem. Only had one reviewer say it did. But I’m 6’2” , so it looks like a great fit. Glad to have found this site ty Taters

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Good luck with your back. I had lumbar surgery almost a year ago for bad discs and miscellaneous degenerative issues. 100% cure, though the rest of this body is still 50+ yrs old. Anyhow, back treatments have improved a lot in even just the past few years, so I hope your doc can get you back to 100%.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
2015 Versys 650

Just sold a bike. Bad back problems but if the doc can fix it I’ll be looking for a bike. Just an around the town bike and the versys 650 looks perfect. The only dealbreaker would be if it had a vibration problem. Only had one reviewer say it did. But I’m 6’2” , so it looks like a great fit. Glad to have found this site ty Taters
Bad back and motorcycle don't mix, keep in mind the weight of the bike, top heavy and it excels in the twisties, also be aware the seat sucks, I and a few others have DIY posts on re-doing the seat in the How To Forum
As to vibration, 2014 on has vibration damping on the engine, 2015 has new design front suspension and rear suspension. I had a 07 now a 15, lowered both bikes and in my opinion, made it even better in the twisties ( 30 inch inseam). With your height you will want highway pegs and lowering pegs from Speedy or others. There are several bikes for sale on this forum, already outfitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i've got a Versys 650 for a couple of weeks now and i'm very happy with it.
the vibration is insignificant, specially when compared to other bikes i've owned, and the seating position is amazingly comfortable. i travelled 1000kms in 2 days riding back to the city i live and i didn't have any lower back problems like i did in the past with other bikes i rode in on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts