Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just bought myself a Versys-X 300 and love it. It's so nice to be back on a bike after nearly 30 years. Was riding trail bikes from the age of 4 till my teen years but never got around to getting a road license but now that has changed!

Already have a Nissan patrol as my daily drive and for bigger/heavy trips but the Versys-X will be my daily commute now and over summer...a light trail finder for getting away for a day or two.

Already planning a few mods but they can wait a little while.

Anyway, glad to be here and glad to finally feel that freedom again that only a bike can offer! Living with the Royal National Park in Sydney literally on my back fence, can't wait to get out a bit and try some rides.

Cheers
:smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome and Congrat's on the Bike !!!!

I've been riding since I was 12. Both street and trail, took roughly 12 years off and missed it greatly. Got back on in 2001, So I know how great it feels to get back in the saddle again !!!!

Ride Safe !!!!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome from Texas, USA

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome from Maroon territory. :grin2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just got back two days ago from a trip to Australia and New Zealand (both countries were great except for being confused about which side of the road to drive on).....couldn’t hardly wait to get back to order the new X 300.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New to the Versys -X world

Hey all,

Bought my new Versys-X 300 in Nov 17 and apart from the (very very very hard) seat...absolutely loving the bike.

Already tried a few longer rides and last week went from Sydney to Canberra and camped in the Brindabella Mountains then back the next day. Was a lovely ride.

It's my daily ride to work unless it's absolutely bucketing down but just starting to notice the cooler mornings and evenings but not too cool yet to stop wearing the summer jacket.

Anyone else having issues with the seat and if so, what have you tried? I have a 1 Inch dense pile wool seat cover from The Good Wool Store in Berry NSW and it helped a bit but the seat is still a big issues for me.

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to Kawa World!!

I have rode many different Kawasaki's and they have been very reliable Motorcycles. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey all,

Bought my new Versys-X 300 in Nov 17 and apart from the (very very very hard) seat...absolutely loving the bike.

Already tried a few longer rides and last week went from Sydney to Canberra and camped in the Brindabella Mountains then back the next day. Was a lovely ride.

It's my daily ride to work unless it's absolutely bucketing down but just starting to notice the cooler mornings and evenings but not too cool yet to stop wearing the summer jacket.

Anyone else having issues with the seat and if so, what have you tried? I have a 1 Inch dense pile wool seat cover from The Good Wool Store in Berry NSW and it helped a bit but the seat is still a big issues for me.

Regards
Yeah buddy. The stock seat is a PITA according to many owners. We have the low seat as OEM - some other countries specified the optional high seat as standard. I have to figure that Kawasaski though of the X-300 as an option for vertically challenged riders and made the seat accordingly.

I purchased the optional Kawasaki High seat. https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/accessories/ergo-fit-extended-reach-seat/

They are cheap at AU$210 and I HIGHLY recommend one. Have a look at a relevant thread here. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/90-versys-x-300-general-discussion/209561-new-kaw-high-seat-ergo-seat.html

The seat is still quite firm but so much more comfortable. You could go to an upholsterer but he will probably charge as much to mod yours, and this way you end up with two seats. A bargain. I put the stocker away for when I sell my X-300. Buy one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your X300. Brockie's posts about his Kaw High seat was one reason I bought one and I really like it. It is still a bit firm but much more comfortable than the stock seat IMO. I also really like this X300 as well. It rides great and is very smooth. I didn't expect it to be as smooth as it is. The other 2 mods I have done that I really like is the CalSci windshield and a 15 tooth counter sprocket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts