Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the Versys. It has so many features I think would suit me, but I wonder if i can ride it, being only 5 foot 7 inches tall. I have a 29 inch inseam. I currently have a Kaw Vulcan 1500 Classic, and as you know the seat height is only about 27".

What do you think? Does anyone know of shorter riders who like the Versys? Thanks for any advice and experience.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got mine Saturday and have a 31 inch inseam. I can't flat foot it, but it is simple to lean with one foot down at a stop light and the bike is crazy fun to ride. There are lowering links available and a member of this site named Speedy actually manufacturers them. I thought I would probably lower the bike, but after 150 miles I don't think I will. Did I forget to say the bike is really, really fun to ride?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information - did you get your bike in the US? I was not sure they were actually in showrooms yet (in US).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Where do you live? The dealers here in CO are all sold out and will not get any more 2008 models. While I've read that V's are available in some areas due to lack of sales, they are a hot item out here. This is the second year the V has been available in the US. You can go to traderonline.com and shop for a Versys near your area.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks for the information - did you get your bike in the US? I was not sure they were actually in showrooms yet (in US).
:huh:

I'm coming up on the first anniversary with my Versys. If they are not in showrooms, it's because they sold out for the year, not because they have not arrived yet.

Gustavo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not to threadjack, but.... I sat on a Versys with the preload adjusted down to 1, and could flat-foot pretty comfortably. I'm concerned about what this does to the ride, though. I'm a total newb at motorcycling in general (on a 2008 Ninja 250 since Memorial Day this year) so would somebody kindly explain what this adjustment would do to the ride? Whenever I do finally go for the bigger bike (gotta learn how to ride more first), it'd be mostly freeway commuting, if that matters. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Depending on your weight it might seem a bit bouncy thats were mine is set with spring on softest setting its great for me at 140 lb in my birthday suit (not a pritty sight) try one click up per ride till you get it right

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I sat on a Versys with the preload adjusted down to 1, and could flat-foot pretty comfortably. I'm concerned about what this does to the ride, though.
How much do you weigh? You probably want to read the suspension thread, it probably will be useful on the Ninja too. If you have related question, you can ask them there in order to not hijack this thread too much.

Gustavo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't be discouraged because you're short. I'm 5'6" and have been riding the V since April as a commuter. I have no problems whatsoever. I can tip-toe (ball of feet) with both feet at a stop. Usually, I stand on one leg and on the foot peg with the other. It sounds unstable but it works pretty good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
5'-7" with a 29 inch inseam as well.

I took these pics for another friend who wanted to see how I fit on it.
Not lowered, with suspension set-up for my weight.

Action shot.

It's a light bike, so tip toeing isn't difficult. You just have to remember to always park the bike pointed up hill, so you don't have to duck walk it backwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone - especially for the pictures. I feel sure I can setup the bike to ride fine, and it would be not too expensive or difficult.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts