Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from South Africa,

I am a proud new comer to the Versys world, having just bought a beautiful green baby Versys (2018 X300 ABS) . I've been looking for a smaller run-about-town bike to dust off the cobwebs, having not ridden for over 25 years. What a pleasure this new toy is. Very nippy, beautifully responsive, yet easy to handle in the traffic. The posture 'feels' like a big bike, but not nearly as terrifyingly powerful as the Versys 1000 I took for a test ride a few weeks ago. (That test ride made me realize how long ago I had been on a two wheeler and illuminated the fact that my ego might have been bigger than the old GSX1100 I sold in 1992... Holy crap that new 1000 is powerful!! :surprise::surprise: )

Ok, back to the new baby. Very excited to get back into the swing of things and could not have chosen a better sparring partner to get the rust off the wrist.

The long term plan is to pass this 300 onto my teenager son when he will be old enough to legally ride it (2 years from now) and upgrade myself to something more becoming. This is the perfect intro bike for a youngster out growing his 125cc 'school' bike. (..and for Dad who may have lost some nerve along with his hair over the past 25 years)
Looking forward to learning and sharing more about this new found hot-green-bundle of Versys joy - nicknamed Wasabi

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...The long term plan is to pass this 300 onto my teenager son when he will be old enough to legally ride it (2 years from now) and upgrade myself to something more becoming....
You MIGHT find that the 300 is just PERFECT for you, as many others are finding out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the hearty well come. Been reading some handy tips and about awesome adventures (FEC) on here. Looking forward to settling in.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome ! You set a great example for your son to follow. By demonstrating your honesty in your current abilities as a rider. While choosing the right size / displacement to ease yourself back into riding. Sharing that passion with your son is a great gift. Now go out and enjoy Wasabi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts