Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I don't own a Versys just yet and joined this forum for info on the bike. I am 54 and I ride a Honda Silver Wing right now this being my third bike. I have been mainly looking at older BMW's for my next bike until the Versys came along.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Welcome! I think you will find that everyone hear loves the V. It has a few warts, but none of them are very bad. Most people find the seat uncomfortable on longer rides. Personally I am getting used to it, but would love a better seat. If the vibration dampers come off you will get some buzzing from the plastic cowling and around the headlight, both are easily remedied. Most vibrations don't make it to the handlebars or foot pegs. Plenty of power and lot's of fun. I ride mine to work most days and have racked up 3,000 miles in two months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! I think you will find that everyone hear loves the V. It has a few warts, but none of them are very bad. Most people find the seat uncomfortable on longer rides. Personally I am getting used to it, but would love a better seat. If the vibration dampers come off you will get some buzzing from the plastic cowling and around the headlight, both are easily remedied. Most vibrations don't make it to the handlebars or foot pegs. Plenty of power and lot's of fun. I ride mine to work most days and have racked up 3,000 miles in two months.
The seat on my Honda was absolutely horrible to sit on for more than 20 minutes when I first got the bike. The stock seat was so bad my toes would go numb. The previous owner had the same trouble and included with the sale of the bike every cushion he had tried including an Airhawk. I found this site while looking around for a cheaper alternative to a Corbin ($700 plus).

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

I paid $110 for the deluxe seat mod plus $90 for shipping both ways. I rode this bike in the Minuteman Saddle Sore 1000, June 7th to June 8th. 1000 miles in less than 24 hours. I finished with 22 minutes to spare. The only part of my body which did not hurt was my butt, now officially known as Iron Butt #35034. Turn around time is about 24 to 48 hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts