Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Phil from Belfast, Northern Ireland and I have just bought a 2008 (Blue) Versys at the start of July. Got the Vario high screen and a set of hard panniers fitted before I picked it up.

I'm breaking it in for the first 500 miles at around 4,000rpm which gives about 55mph. So far I've clocked up almost 400 miles - so not long to go!

I don't have to use the 'bike for work so I can use it on dry days (not that we get many of those over here).

Before buying the V I read a lot of reviews / reports and was surprised that no-one had anything bad to say about it. I sold my 2004 Yamaha Fazer FZ6S back to the dealer I bought it from in November '06 and bought the V from him. Well pleased so far - it's a more relaxed riding position than the Fazer and therefore more comfortable. Hoping to put up many dry trouble-free miles as I've owned 'bikes (with a few breaks) for over 34 years.

·
Registered
220 Posts
:welcome:Great to have you here. Always wanted to visit your neck of the woods. I have been riding for over 45 years and the V makes me like more every day. Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
:welcome: Glad to have you aboard. Spent a couple weeks in Southern Ireland last August, beautiful Country, much like it is here in Oregon, expect, our buildings aren't CENTURIES OLD!!!!:eek: Would love to take a BIKE TOUR over there someday, maybe when the Dollar is worth something!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome and be sure to show off your new V when you get a chance.

I've been caught in the rain about 5 or 6 times and I think the V does pretty good.

Cheers and Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Many thanks for the welcome folks.

Good to see that bikers still stick together - still get the 'nod' or headlight flash / wave when other bikes pass.

I've no complaints about the seat - my only gripe is the distance it is from the ground! At 5' 8" I can get both feet on the ground (but not flat on the ground) so I have reduced the pre-load on the back shock from the standard setting at position 5 down to 2 which has helped and doesn't have any adverse affect on the handling.

Once I've sussed out the adjustments to the front forks, I'll back off the pre-load again and see if that helps (nearly there).

On a comparison with the Fazer, the Fazer was quicker (and begged to be ridden quicker - one of the reasons I changed) but somehow I felt it was more intimidating. The V is a more relaxed ride and certainly a more upright riding position which I find more comfortable. From the first evening I brought it out of the dealers I felt right at home on it - bit like putting on your favourite slippers (or is that an old man's ambition?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts