Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one,

It's nice to find a forum such organized and well manged as this.
I've just bought a new 2011 black Versys. done 700Km on it and waiting to finish the last 300Km on it so I can 'Start' ridding at normal speed :)

My question is:
What is the most important improvement you can do on your bike (besides the annoying buzzing elimination)?
If there are several, can you please rate them from the most important to the less.

Hope my English is good enough for you to understand...

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
:welcome:

Do a search on the forum for cowling buzz and you will get many threads showing different causes of buzz. Mostly, the fairings or the buttons in the dash.

:goodluck:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
:welcome:Apart from the buzz, setting your suspension set up to suit your riding weight and your riding style is a good idea.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Great!

Are there any guide lines of how to do it?
:welcome:

First, welcome to the forum, do a search on suspension, there is much info. Here in the USA many felt the pre load was too stiff from the factory and suggestions to set it at it's lowest setting for a few hundred miles until it loosened up up bit. I weigh 205 lbs and I settled on the third notch, ( up from softest ). For the rebound dampner I turned it all the way in and then came out 12 clicks. Gustavo has an excellant instruction for setting SAG in his " The Science and Black Magic of Suspension set Up" post if you really want to go the full route. I live in a mountainous area and like to run hard in the twistys and my set up is sufficient for how I ride. Good Luck and welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts