Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around here for a while and recently joined to ask siyeh some questions. We live in the same area and as I expected he was more than willing to take the time and answer my newbie questions.

Earlier today my wife and I drove to Des Monies, Ia. and purchased Jimmyjam's 2008 red and black well farkled versys.

A classier gentleman you will never find.

Soooo ya'll have another newb on your hands with lots of questions to come. And yes I do know where and how to use the search button. :)

Bob
aka
Tinner from s.w. wisconsin

·
Registered
501 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow cheesehead. I am putting the insurance back on my V tomorrow. I think the snow will be gone soon. Now we need a big rain to get all the CRAP off the roads. You riding the V up to Alaska?

david

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the top of the world hwy and the dalton all the way up have been in my plans for a while. I just never have had the scoot that I felt could get me there and back in comfort before. After talking with you and doing quite a bit of reading about the versys I believe that i have found the ride. I had the dalton to the circle for the solstice planned for this year but have since put ALL of it on the calendar for 2011.

I need a year of riding the dirt and rocks plus wrenching the scoot to prepare.

I am really excited about this scoot. coming from a cruiser and touring world. I have lots to learn.

Bob
:thanx:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you,

It is a whole new type of riding and scooter to me. So I have lots to learn.

Have a great day!

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts